We recognise the importance of making this website in a format which is accessible to all.
We have worked to meet the to WAI Level AA standard as a minimum and AAA standard wherever possible..
To ensure that this happens, we have programmed our website following published web standards and accessibility guidelines. The site is developed using valid HTML and cascading style sheets (CSS). Our site content is separated from presentational elements, which makes it available to any visitors that use technologies such as a screen reader or text only browser.
You may use your browser settings to change the text size for all the websites that you visit. The technique for doing this is slightly different depending on the browser that you use:
- Google Chrome: Select one of the 'Text Zoom' options in the 'Customise and control Google Chrome' menu
- Internet Explorer 9: Select 'Settings', then one of the options under 'Zoom'
- Explorer 7/8: Select the 'Page' menu, then one of the options under 'Zoom' or 'Text Size'
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the 'View' menu, and select one of the options under 'Text Size'
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Zoom', then one of the options
- Opera: Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Zoom' percentage options
Other browsers may also have similar options available. Please consult the documentation provided with your browser if similar options to the ones above aren't available.
This site has been coded to W3C standards, and conforms to level Double-A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
Any document you can download from the site has a link telling you big it is and what kind it is: we have tried to supply alternative formats.
To view PDFs, you will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the Adobe website.
To view an RTF (Rich Text Format) document, you can use most word-processing programmes.
To view a Word document, use Microsoft Word, or one of the free Word Viewers available from the Microsoft site.
Playing audio and video
To play this content, you will need Adobe Flash Player, available free from the Adobe website.